Sunday, August 19, 2018

1.356525, 103.836874

In the backseat
You felt safer 
As I make my way up north.
While the guiding voice 
Seemed to whisper -
Bear right at the fork,
I maintained left and kept the course 
For all its worth.
But when I veered from the curve
We got lost.
Still you exuded grace 
Kept prodding me - yes, go on
You'll find a chestnut lush
In the next post.
Do we head to BKE Ecolink, 
Then loop our way?
Go south, down PIE, the voice faded:
You'll find Exit 20A.
You beckoned closer -
We're almost there. 
Then another fork, another miss,
I overshot the thoroughfare.
The U-turn slot, as it looms,
Seemed heaven's gate.
Further ahead, we have it made.
I parked. You smoked.
Here, I shall wait.
On our way back, somewhere,
You cried.
A week after
I cried.


No comments:

Post a Comment